If you want to install a door in your house, you have to first frame the door opening to prepare it for the installation. With a ladder, some nails and a hammer, you're well on your way to outfitting your own rooms at a fraction of the cost.
1.Measuring and Cutting
1. Decide whether to buy a frame or build one.
2. Know what lumber to purchase.
3. Determine the size of the door.
4. Determine the size of the door opening.
5. Cut the studs and sill plate to the width required.
6. Cut the door header.
2.Putting It Together
1.Insert the top plate.
2.Insert the sole plate.
3.Nail the king studs in place.
4.Nail the jack studs to the king studs.
5.Insert the header.
6.Insert a cripple stud.
7.Remove the sole plate.