Grease Fire Closes Saginaw Township Restaurant

Grease Fire Closes Saginaw Township Restaurant

Date:Oct 29, 2018

SAGINAW TWP, MI - Logan's Roadhouse is closed Sunday afternoon after a grease fire sent flames shooting high above the Saginaw Township restaurant.

Firefighters with the Saginaw Township Fire Department responded around 2:45 p.m. Oct. 28 to the restaurant, 2697 Tittabawassee Road, near Fashion Square Mall.

Saginaw Township fire Chief Jim Peterson said the issue was a grease fire that started above the grill inside the restaurant's kitchen area.

The flames some passersby captured were coming from the flue above the grill.

Brandi Buck was eating at a restaurant next door to Logan's and circling around the back of the building when she was halted in her tracks.

"I had to stop because the smoke was too thick," she commented. "I couldn't see. There was soot flying onto my truck."

Peterson noted there were "some burn spots" on the roof of the restaurant but no structural damage. No injuries were reported.

The restaurant will be closed until the health department performs an inspection and the hood system above the grill is put back into service. 


Previous: Fire Door Safety Week – Shutting The Door On Fire And Smoke

Next: Life-threatening Injuries From Midtown Reno Fire Overnight