Protecting Your Work Area
1. Take the door off the hinges.
2. Cover the door with a sheet of plastic if you can’t remove it.
3. Put down a protective covering over the floor of your workspace.
4. Line the area around the door with painter’s tape.
Cleaning and Sanding the Frame
1. Make any necessary repairs to the frame itself.
2. Clean the door frame with grease-cutting soap.
3. Pat the frame dry with a clean towel.
4. Sand the entire frame with a high-grit sandpaper.
5. Wipe the frame clean with a damp cloth.
1. Pick out a semi-gloss paint in the desired shade.
2. Use a handheld brush.
3. Start painting in the upper inside corner of the frame.
4. Work your way to the outside of the frame.
5. Paint across the top of the frame.
6. Let the paint dry to the touch before applying a second coat.
7. Brush on additional coats if necessary.
8. Hang the door back up if you removed it.