Unlocking Bathroom Doors from the Outside
1. Place a butter knife in the keyhole to open a push-button bathroom lock.
2. Try using a bobby pin for a push-button lock if a butter knife doesn’t work.
3. Use a screw driver with a thin rod to unlock a twist-privacy bathroom lock.
4. Try using a credit card to unlock the door.
5. Remove the door handle if you cannot unlock the door otherwise.
6. Use a lock-picking set if you have one.
Opening Locked Bathroom Doors from the Inside
1. Take a few deep breaths and remain calm.
2. Call to get the attention of others that may be nearby.
3. Use a thin, plastic card to slide between the door and the frame.
4. Check the bathroom for other ways to exit if the door isn’t unlocking.